UPnP stands for universal plug-and-play. It is basically used to configure and connect different devices on the same network. We will see how to enable UPnP on AT&T Router in this article.
What is UPnP:
UPnP was developed for the fastest connection and communication between multiple devices and routes and enables all of them on a single network. But it can’t be regarded as a secure source as it has some serious safety issues so sometimes it is said to be better to use its alternative to stay safe and secure. It is basically used for gaming on XBOX and play stations. It is also used to connect different household devices on the house network.
Once connected with UPnP, it enables it to connect with other connections and devices.
It is an internet service provider and a phone company. It is also offering its services through phone lines or fiber optic cable.
UPnP and AT&T router:
Usually, AT&T does not support UPnP due to security reasons. But there are some ways through which UPnP can be enabled on AT&T routers. Moreover, if you are getting your internet signals through a phone line then you don’t need to worry about it, because in that case, AT&T supports UPnP.
How to enable UPnP on AT&T router :
If you are not using your internet connection on a phone line and you also want to enable your UPnP on an AT&T router, then you don’t need to worry about this because there are some other ways through which it can be made possible.
There are the following steps that can help you to make it possible.
- Connect the modem of your to your PC or laptop. For this purpose, you can use any ethernet cable and connect its both ends with the modem and your device.
- Now, enter the router’s control panel. This can be done in a few simple steps.
- Now you have to enable UPnP, for this, you have to determine the location of your home network tab in the control panel, and in the case, you don’t find it press CTRL+F and search for UPnP.
Enabling UPnP on AT&T Uverse router:
The following are the steps that will help you to enable UPnP on the AT&T Uverse router:
- First of all, connect your device with any wireless or wired connection.
- Now type http://gateway.2wire.net in the address bar of the browser.
- Now click on the home network option, after this, you will see network options.
- Now click on access shared files and enable UPnP.
The same instructions are used in case you are looking for changing the settings of UPnP on the AT&T router.
Enabling UPnP on AT&T DSL routers:
There are some simple steps through which UPnP can be enabled on Uverse routers.
- First, you have to connect the device to the router with any connection wireless or wired may be.
- Search cmd In the search bar, right-click on it to open the cmd program.
- Now select the run as administrator option.
- Now type ipconfig command and press enter
- Copy this address and paste it into the browser tab.
- Press the appropriate option and now select the enable UPnP option. If you can’t find enable UPnP option press the CTRL+F key.
If you want UPnP for connectivity purposes and you are using AT&T on fiber optics, so in this case, you can buy another router as well. And then connect it to the available AT&T router and enjoy its features.
Basically, UPnP can be enabled on AT&T if you are using a phone line but it can not be enabled if you are using AT&T on fiber optic cable then you are unable to use its services. In this case, there are some alternative ways through which you can enable UPnP on an AT&T router and some of them are mentioned above.
UPnP is easy to use and enable as it doesn’t require any specific application for its running and use.
Fixxing of UPnP:
- Go to the control panel.
- On the router control panel, enter the update tab.
- Now click on the search for update option.
- Now download the available firmware and install it.
UPnP is easy to use and convenient that allows the users to configure the network. Here were all the methods of how to enable UPnP on AT&T routers. You can easily seek help from the above article and enjoy its features.